Date: 24th February 2019
Price: £180.00 (incl.VAT)
Location: North London
Develop powerful skills and increase your ability to be precise using Muscle Energy Techniques.
MET is used to treat somatic dysfunction, especially decreased range of motion, muscular hypertonicity and pain.
One of the aims of the workshop is to encourage your independence of thought so that you can confidently apply MET to any area of the body.
You must have completed the Muscle Energy Technique - PIR before attending this workshop.
Please note you will be joining an existing diploma course for this workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL ACHIEVE
- An understanding of the physiological effects of MET
- An understanding of the mechanism of the technique
- The ability to apply safe and effective RI to upper limb
- The confidence to workout its' application in most given circumstances
- Review how to apply PIR to the lower limb
- The ability and understanding of when to apply passive and active MET to lower limb
- The appropriate understanding of when to apply it and its' contraindications
- The ability to test range of motion for A/C, S/C and GH joints
INCLUDED IN THE DAY
- Comprehensive notes
- Certificate of attendance upon completion (sent electronically)
- Option to receive monthly CPD newsletter
- Ongoing NLSSM support
- A high ratio of teachers to students
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
You must have completed the Muscle Energy Technique - PIR before attending this RI workshop
- Those who wish to excel as a soft tissue therapist or who have a background in manual health care.
- Soft tissue therapists
- Sports massage therapists and sports therapists
- Chek practitioners
- Personal trainers
- Strength and conditioning coaches
ABOUT THE TUTORS
All our tutors at NLSSM are trained to level 5 BTEC and have successful careers in sport and remedial massage. Our teachers are highly skilled and qualified in all of the associated soft tissue techniques.
NLSSM tutors are also trained in the art of teaching and bring to class their different experiences from a variety of supporting skills in osteopathy, physiotherapy, sports therapy, nutrition, and as personal trainers. They are an important part of a support system that offers ongoing mentoring to both our students and graduates.
As a team we take part in regular in-house teacher training days to make sure that we’re always delivering the highest level of tuition that's tailored if necessary and relevant to the needs of each class. Passionate about what we do, we keep up with current research and skill sets and use a mixture of teaching methods, from old hands-on skills to the very latest technology. For further information about our teachers, please visit our team page
The Muscle Energy Technique workshops can be taken on their own, however, we recommend our Biomechanics and Biotensegrity workshop, the Postural Assessment day as well as the Re-education Methods in Stretching and Corrective Exercises which will add substantially to your skill set.
|24th February 2019
||The Annexe, North London
|09:00 - 16:00
|2nd March 2019
||10:00 - 17:00
|23rd March 2019
||Central London, University of Westminster
|09:00 - 16:00
|18th August 2019
||10:00 - 17:00
For details of our North London, Central London and Manchester locations, please see our Contact Us page for further information.