Date: 2nd & 3rd June 2018
Price: £200.00 (incl.VAT)
Location: North London
Want to do the next Diploma course but can't do this Introduction Weekend? Give us a call to find an alternative solution.
The Sports Massage Introduction Course is a practical weekend course covering the fundamental principles of sports massage.
It is suitable for both the beginner and the working massage therapist.
It will establish and improve your soft tissue skills, achieving both depth and sensitivity using effortless methods.
Techniques that will be covered include effleurage, petrissage and deep strokes, enabling you to give a top-to-toe deep tissue massage. Our focus will be to develop your skills, allowing you to give a safe and effective sports massage without stressing any part of your body.
Despite the name, sports massage isn't just for athletes. Deep tissue massage (as it's known) is for everyone and benefits all of us in many positive ways, physically and psychologically.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
- The beginner - anyone wanting to try sports massage and those going on to take an NLSSM BTEC Diploma course.
- General interest - anyone wishing to develop effective hands-on skills to massage friends and family.
- Practicing therapist - recommended for people with a massage background who would like to develop and/or improve their technique to become a deeper, more sensitive and effective therapist while maintaining ease throughout their body.
- Injured therapists - are you suffering with injuries due to the job? We specialise in being able to correct a massage therapists mechanics and technique to make it both easy and effective without stressing the body.
- Pre-course literature
- Use of hydraulic beds
- Towels, lotions, couch roll & hand wipes
- Tea, coffee & healthy snacks
- A high ratio of teacher to student tuition
- Ongoing support
- Monthly newsletter (optional)
|2nd & 3rd June
|16th & 17th June
|14th & 15th July
|18th & 19th August
|8th & 9th September
|15th & 16th September
|13th & 14th October
|24th & 25th November
London - both days & locations 10:00 - 17:00
Manchester - Saturday 10:00 to 17:00, Sunday 9:00 - 16:00
For details of our North London and Central London locations, please check our Contact Us page for further information.